James takes you step-by-step through the process of how to add a user and assign licence usage.
You can only start these steps once you’ve received your License Certificate.
1. Sign in to your Autodesk Account
You should already have one if you’re not a new client, if you are a new client make sure you sign in from your welcome e-mail.
2. Once you are logged in, go to the “USERS” selection under management.
3. Select “+ Add” to add a new contact
4. Enter the user’s information into the form
5. Click on “Save & Continue”
Note: You may need to wait a bit for the information to be processed by the system.
6. While waiting for the user to show up in the list, make sure you remove the access from the contract admin, by default all new term licenses are assigned to the contract admin. If the user has not shown up in the list, you may have to log out and log back in.
7. Click “Edit Access” to add or remove products and services.
8. Once you are in the access dialog box simply flag all products or services that you want to grant to the user. In this case you will want to add the product that is term based so that the user can login.
9. After that install the product(s).
10. Once it is done installing; sign in with the account that was assigned the access.
11. If you see the following dialog box it means the user you signed in with was not granted access to the product.
Simply click on “Sign in as a different user”, then insert the user information for the user that was granted access to the product.
Repeat steps 3-8 for any new users that need access to the term license.
For more information, please feel free to contact us or click to find out How to Set Up for Multi-User with a Network License.
We also have a 4 part series on other licensing issues for Autodesk Products:
• Part 1: From Perpetual to Term
• Part 2: User Accounts
• Part 3: Autodesk Admin Accounts
• Part 4: Autodesk Industry Collections